Surrounded by boys.....and Ms.B

Welcome to my blog. I've called it 'A House of Hawes' as I am completely surrounded by Hawes' people, a scary (albeit fun) thought at times. Even the dogs have that last name registered. We've decided to go the blog route instead of our website so we can keep things updated easier as the 'Will and Nate' story continues....what a story it's turning out to be!

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Humpback Whales!!

 I had heard that when in Maui from December - April, you didn't really need to go on a whale watching tour to see the whales, that you could just see them from shore. Well, I didn't really believe it until we were driving from the airport to the town we are staying. Dave and I were really tired from the trip but we quickly realized we weren't hallucinating and that in our tired state we were actually seeing whales as we were driving along the coast. Dave tells me that there are 37 whales here each year - I'm sure I have seen each and every one of them. Armed only with my crappy point and shoot camera, I still managed to capture some whales breaching while standing on shore and on our lanai. Certainly not the pics that National Geographic will be after but this is our photographic evidence that we saw whales....not on a boat. But tomorrow we are going on a boat....hope to see them closer up!





No comments:

Post a Comment